Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A New Twist on Classic Lasagna


I sampled this recipe at our local supermarket and had to try it for myself. It was delicious and my kids loved it! Enjoy!

1 tbsp. olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
1 lb. ground beef
Salt and pepper, as needed
1 jar tomato sauce
2 packages gnocchi
12 oz. ricotta cheese
6 oz. parmesan, grated
4 cups mozzarella, shredded
Fresh basil, chopped

Heat oil in a saute' pan. Add onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes until translucent. Add ground beef and brown. Season to taste. In the meantime, boil gnocchi according to package.

Layer sauce, beef, gnocchi, and cheese in baking dish. Repeat. Top with remainder of mozzarella and finish with basil.

Cover with foil and bake for 35-40 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking until cheese starts to lightly brown.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy! I love gnocchi. Gonna have to add this one to my list.
    Thanks!
    Danielle

    ReplyDelete
  2. That does sound really good! I'll have to buy some gnocchi next week and give it a try. Thanks!

    Manuela

    ReplyDelete