Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Novena to Saint Anne, Day One

Saint Anne, the Holy Virgin Mary and Child Jesus

Today starts the Novena to Saint Anne. She is the patron saint of mothers, women in labor and minors. Here she is symbolized by Mary in her lap holding the infant Jesus.
Would you join over the next nine days in praying this beautiful novena?

DAILY PRAYER TO SAINT ANNE

O glorious St. Anne, you are filled with compassion for those who invoke you and with love for those who suffer! Heavily burdened with the weight of my troubles, I cast myself at your feet and humbly beg of you to take the present intention which I recommend to you in your special care.

Please recommend it to your daughter, the Blessed Virgin Mary, and place it before the throne of Jesus, so that He may bring it to a happy issue. Continue to intercede for me until my request is granted. But, above all, obtain for me the grace one day to see my God face to face, and with you and Mary and all the saints to praise and bless Him for all eternity. Amen.

Our Father, . . . Hail Mary . . .

O Jesus, Holy Mary, St. Anne, help me now and at the hour of my death.

Good St. Anne, intercede for me.


 FIRST DAY

Dear St. Anne, though I am but a prodigal child, I appeal to you and place myself under your great motherly care. Please listen to my prayers and grant my requests. See my contrite heart, and show me your unfailing goodness.

Deign to be my advocate and recommend me to God’s infinite mercy. Obtain for me forgiveness of my sins and the strength to begin a new life that will last forever.

Blessed St. Anne, I also beg of you the grace to love, to serve, and to honor your daughter, the most holy Virgin Mary. Please recommend me to her and pray to her for me. She refuses none your requests but welcomes with loving kindness all those for whom you intercede.

Good Jesus, be merciful to the faithful servants of Your grandmother St. Anne.


Follow Blessed and Busy by signing up to receive email updates. You can also follow Blessed and Busy on facebook or on twitter to keep up on new posts. Hope to see you soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment