Friday, August 24, 2012

Back to School Batch Cooking, Baking, and Freezing

As we all know, the end of August through the beginning of September is often like New Years.  We make resolutions, we get back into family routines, and we get back to "normal" after a hopefully relaxing summer.  By next week, we will have three children in elementary school, one child in preschool, and one VERY active toddler.  As we jump into homework and activities, I think it is important for me to batch cook, bake, and freeze some easy meals and snacks so that I can get healthy food on our table without too much trouble.  So for the last two weeks or so, this is what I have been up to.  I have provided many links to recipes.  In some cases, I link to the e-book where I got the particular recipe. I also have a few posts coming down the line with some new great recipes.  I really hope you find this helpful if you are trying to stock your freezer and pantry!
 
We love this egg casserole.  I can make this on the weekend and reheat it in my toaster oven each morning for a hearty breakfast.  I love it with hot sauce.
 
 
 I make a triple batch of these Freezer Waffles every few weeks.  They also make a great dessert topped with ice cream, hot fudge and whipped cream!
 
 
Freezer smoothies make a great breakfast addition or snack.  Serve them frozen, slushy or defrosted.


This Almond Coconut Granola made my kitchen smell like autumn.  We eat is with milk for breakfast, over homemade yogurt, and even over desserts.  The granola is especially tasty over my delicious yogurt parfaits!

 
 
These blueberry lemon muffins have a become a favorite in our house!

 
Instant Oatmeal Cups . . . recipe will be posted soon :)



 Homemade tortillas.  I seriously never want to eat store bought tortillas again!
 

Pioneer Woman's Simple Chili is to die for . . .

 
My famous meatballs . . . at least they are famous in my head.  I will post the recipe soon!
 
 
Chocolate Chip Coconut Granola Bars make a great grab-and-go snack.


Homemade "larabars" for the runners  . . . and toddlers in our house.  I will cut and wrap these individually so they are ready to go before the next cross country meet or 5K.
 

 Refrigerator dill pickles . . . recipe will be posted soon.
 
 
I also stocked up on my favorite homemade mixes including onion soup mix, taco seasoning, garlic lime mix, Italian dressing, and ranch dressing.
 

And to help me get through these crazy mornings - iced coffee!


 What's going on in your kitchen as they days getter shorter and busier?
 
Follow Blessed and Busy by signing up to receive email updates.
 
You can follow Blessed and Busy on facebook or on twitter to keep up on new posts.You can also find me on Pinterest and Instagram at blessedandbusy!  Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment