Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A Healthy and Quick Dinner to Start the New Year

I am sure many people have made a New Years resolution to feed their families more nutritiously. I always strive to cook in a healthy and nutritious way. One of our family's favorite meals is Lemony Chicken with Vegetables and Parmesan from the Mom-a-licious cookbook from Domenica Catelli. Not only are the recipes wonderful but the cookbook is a beautiful read!

Lemony Chicken with Vegetables and Parmesan

1 pound chicken tenderloins or breasts (cut into one inch strips)
2-3 tbsp. garlic, minced
2-3 cups of vegetables of your choice. I use carrots, celery, mushrooms, and broccoli.
2 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
1 lemon, juiced
2 tbsp. Parmesan cheese, grated
A pinch of salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Place chicken, garlic, and vegetables in a baking dish.
Drizzle with lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Top with the Parmesan cheese and bake for 15-20 minutes. (I bake for at least 40 minutes.)

Enjoy!

3 comments:

  1. GREAT!!! recipe for chicken and veggies, I like the addition of parmesan.
    Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks like a winner for our family too! I'll have to check out that cookbook, but do you have any specific books for crockpot recipes? You list quite a few dishes you make in the slow cooker and I'm looking to make more that way. Any tips? If so, do a post:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here is a post I did last year that includes my current favorite crock pot cookbook:

    http://blessedandbusy.blogspot.com/2009/10/sunday-football-favorite-crockpot.html

    I will definitely do another crock post in the future!

    ReplyDelete