Sunday, January 31, 2010

Herb Braised Chicken Thighs

I am not sure if I have mentioned it before but I absolutely love the Saving Dinner series of cookbooks, e-books, podcasts, website, etc. by Leanne Ely. I signed up to get daily articles and recipes sent to my email for free. When I received this recipe recently, I knew it was something I wanted to try. Our family loved it! I have a subscription to the Saving Dinner Menu Mailer and it has been a great help getting my weekly menu plan and grocery list together. Check out the website and enjoy the recipe!

Herb Braised Chicken Thighs
Serves 6

3 tablespoons flour
3 teaspoons paprika
1 1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
1 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
3/4 teaspoon black pepper
12 skinless chicken thighs
1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
2 cups (2-inch-thick) sliced carrots
2 large onions, cut into wedges
2 1/4 cups low sodium chicken broth
3/4 cup dry white wine
2 1/4 pounds small red potatoes, quartered

Combine first 6 ingredients (flour through pepper) in a large zip-top plastic bag. Add chicken; seal bag, shaking to coat.

Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add chicken and remaining flour mixture to pan; cook 3 minutes on each side or until lightly brown.
Add carrot and onion; cook 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
Add broth, wine, and potatoes; bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until chicken is done and vegetables are tender.


2 comments:

  1. Please tell me I could sub bone-in chicken breasts for this, if I cut in half? Why not, right? What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sure it would work with other cuts of chicken. Let me know how it works out!

    ReplyDelete