Wednesday, April 21, 2010

An Italian Pasta Salad Perfect for Spring

I made this delicious Italian Pasta Salad last night for dinner and it was a big hit in our home.  It was very easy to put together! This recipe is from the May issue of All You magazine.



1lb. short pasta (I used bow ties)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/2 cup chopped oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained (I used the whole jar)
3/4 cup sliced marinated artichoke hearts, drained (I used the whole jar)
8 oz. bocconcini, drained (these are small balls of fresh mozzarella  - I used 2 containers because we LOVE fresh mozzarella!)
4 oz. salami
1/2 cup shredded fresh basil
Salt and pepper to taste


Cook pasta according to directions and drain.  Rinse with cold water to cool noodles.
In a large bowl, add pasta and mix with oil.
Toss with vinegar, sun-dried tomatoes, artichoke hearts, mozzarella, salami, and basil
Season with salt and pepper.


Enjoy!

1 comment: