Thursday, July 12, 2012

Herbed Lemon Parmesan Pasta

Like moms everywhere, I sometimes find that it is 5:00 p.m. and I have no idea what I am making for dinner.   I love to have a well-stocked pantry with a few easy go-to meals for days like this. Herbed lemon parmesan pasta is a great change of pace from the typical pasta and tomato sauce.  The best part of this dinner is that there is no recipe needed.
First, cook pasta according to the directions.  We love orecchiette.  I really holds the sauce well.

I shred some parmesan cheese. Okay, lot of cheese because . . . we love cheese.   And, I juice 2-3 lemons.


I pick some parsley from my little container garden.


I mix about 3/4 - 1 cup olive oil with some shredded parm, lemon juice, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir the sauce into the cooked pasta and you have a perfectly light summer dinner.  Serve with a salad and your done!


To be economical, I like to save the lemon rinds to make homemade cleaning products.  I will post these recipes soon!

What is your favorite its-5:00p.m-and-I -have-no-idea-what's-for-dinner idea?

Follow Blessed and Busy by signing up to receive email updates. You can also follow Blessed and Busy on facebook or on twitter to keep up on new posts. Hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm I have a similiar recipe to this from Giada using basil! I throw my lemons in the freezer, what else should I do with them after they're juiced.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh and my answer to what's for dinner... Quesadillas. Throw whatever I have in the fridge in there with some cheese and they're good to go. Or eggs. We love eggs

    ReplyDelete