Saturday, July 7, 2012

Have you tried Shrub? You should!


We try very hard to eat as locally as we can.  Recently, a friend introduced me to Tait Farms Fruit Shrub.

I was immediately turned off by the name.  Then she told me the ingredients were fruit, white vinegar and organic sugar.

Wow, was I wrong!  Mix 1- 2 tbsp. of shrub with ice and sparkling water and you have a very refreshing drink on these hot, summer days! Not too sweet or tart . . . just right!


My husbands loves to run and swears by shrub after a workout.  My girls start cross country practice next week so I will definitely be making it for them, too!


I love to add a splash of fresh lemon or lime.  Some other uses . . . drizzled over fruit salad or blended with cream cheese.  Yum! 


Do you eat fresh, eat local?

Follow Blessed and Busy by signing up to receive email updates. You can also follow Blessed and Busy on facebook or on twitter to keep up on new posts. Hope to see you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment