Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough Recipe

I have been trying to put together a few holiday crafts and activities for my girls since they will be home for 5 days and it looks weather is going to turn a little ugly this week.

We love to make our own play dough. It is not messy like the stuff you buy in the store. I found this recipe at this lovely blog. I am sure I will have to remind my little ones that this is not really edible!

Pumpkin Pie Play Dough

5 1/2 cups flour
2 cups salt
8 tsp. cream of tartar
3/4 cup oil
1 1/2 oz. pumpkin pie spice
orange food coloring (2 parts yellow, 1 part red)
4 cups water

Mix all ingredients together. Cook and stir over medium heat until all lumps disappear. Knead the dough on a floured surface until smooth. Store in airtight container.

3 comments:

  1. After the experience I had this week with Lint Play-dough(playdough made with lint, water and flour), I'm not so sure if I want to try another play-dough recipe. Have you made the pumpkin pie one yet? Is it "sticky"? The lint dough I made this week just proved to be too sticky no matter what I did to it. What was your results with the pumpkin pie dough?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Pumpkin Pie Play Dough turned out very well. Our girls spent hours "baking" all sort of creations! Here is another recipe that I often use:

    http://blessedandbusy.blogspot.com/2009/10/little-girls-and-fairy-tales.html

    Let me know how it works out for you! Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! I made this play Dough for my youngest to give to his classmates for Halloween.They loved it.I put it in small Gladware containers and included a small plastic pumpkin cookie cutter.It turned out so cute!

    ReplyDelete