Saturday, November 21, 2009

Preparing Our Hearts and Homes for Christmas: Part 3: Christmas Cards


Preparing Our Hearts and Homes for Christmas
Part 3: Christmas Cards

I love to send and receive Christmas cards. Every year since my husband and I became engaged, I have sent a photo card to family and friends. I am not very good at sending pictures throughout the year. With our schedule, I have rarely have time to call or even email all those special people in our lives. Thankfully, they understand! However, I love to be able to send a card with pictures of our growing family as a way to reconnect with those we do not have a chance to talk to very often. And, I know our family and close friends appreciate the pictures they receive each year, as well.

This year, as with most families, our holiday budget is very tight. I considered not sending cards this year but I knew I could find a way to keep up this tradition while staying within budget. I received a deal from Shutterfly for $10 off and free shipping on orders of $30 or more, good through 11/30/09. If anybody would like the code, please let me know and I would be happy to email it to you. It is listed as a "unique code" so I do not know if it can be used more than once.

But wait . . . .

As I was about to place my Shutterfly order, I came across the DEAL OF THE CENTURY on photo cards. On www.freebies4mom.blogspot.com, there is a deal for 50 FREE 4x8 photo cards and FREE shipping from www.seehere.com by Fugi Film. You can find the code here.

I ordered my cards last Tuesday night and I had them by Friday morning! Absolutely free! They turned out very well! They also sent me an email offering an additional 100 free prints.

Hurry, this deal ends November 30, 2009! I will be addressing my cards tonight, and I will be ready to send them out for the first week of December. What a great feeling to have this done so early in the season.

In my next installment, I will talk more about our family's Advent theme and activities that I have been preparing.


No comments:

Post a Comment