1. I love reading Conversion Diary. This is my first shot at 7 Quick Takes . . . I am kinda excited.
2. I am absolutely enjoying the summer break. With lots of free time, I have been cooking and baking like crazy. I recently attempted my first sourdough bread. It was very easy and just as good, if not better, than anything I could buy in the bakery.
3. I also made an Italian hearth bread after I found this stone baker at a yard sale for $3. It is $50 on Amazon. I LOVE a great yard sale find!!
It was delicious warm and slathered with grass-fed butter! It did not last long . . . .
4. Summer break is really treating us well. We love the simple pleasures of getting up a little later, staying up a little later, simple meals, the pool, the library, the summer rec program, and soon some VBS. And who doesn't love the sprinkler?
5. Sticking with the summer theme, I have not been in the mood for hot coffee on hot days. While I have switched to decaf in the last month, I still enjoy this daily break. So I started cold brewing coffee to make iced coffee. Soooo good over ice with a tbs. of sweetened condensed milk and some whole milk! This truly tastes like summer. Here is the recipe: http://www.theyummylife.com/Iced_Coffee
6. So we now have a boy. I never thought I would enjoy having a boy so much! I love to sit and play cars and trains with him on these lazy days of summer. And he is such a BOY. Do not tell me that raising girls and boys is the same. There is a big difference . . . but a beautiful difference. I love my little guy more than words can describe.
7. Speaking of having a boy, they are tearing up and repaving our street. It is very noisy and messy. And apparently, 6:15 a.m. is a pretty good time to start working. But he does not care.
He will spend hours watching this. My girls could care less :)
7 Quick Takes is hosted by Conversion Diary