Saturday, June 23, 2012

7 Quick Takes #2


1.  We made our summer of fun list with everything we would like to do and learn this year.  A few simple reminders of things that make life fun. I think all moms should do this.  The summer goes incredibly fast.  I do not want August 15th to roll around and have to say, "we meant to do that but the summer slipped by."


2.  I spent the first half of the week processing strawberries.  Some would argue that the time invested is not worth it, but I disagree.  There is something about creating truly simple healthy, homemade food for my family that makes me incredibly happy.  On the other hand, I am way behind on the laundry and housecleaning . . .


3. I cannot believe our Little Flowers year is coming to a close.  Little Flowers Girls' Club® is a Catholic program for girls ages 5 and up based on learning Catholic virtues through the lives of Catholic saints, Scripture and the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Three of my daughters participated this year. We are having an end of the year ice cream social this weekend.  It is amazing how much the girls have grown in their Catholic faith this year. I am really looking forward to starting Wreath II in September!

4.   I do not watch a whole lot of T.V. but I am addicted to Pioneer Woman.  There is something very relaxing about watching someone else cook. And I want to move to their ranch. 

5.  I recently purchased The Homemade Pantry.  I think it is the best cookbook that I have read in a while. Beautiful pictures and amazing recipes.  And I do "read" cookbooks :)

6. We won tickets to a raspberry festival this weekend, which will probably include picking a few quarts.  While I love to eat them with breakfast, I have never cooked or baked with them.  Do you have a raspberry recipe to share?
7.   I probably should not write while I am hungry. Clearly, I have nothing else on my mind today as every quick take involves food.

I am slowly trying to grow my little blog.  I'd love to connect with some new readers. Would you like to join me?  Stop by Blessed and Busy and follow me with Google Friend Connect and sign-up to receive email updates.  You can also follow Blessed and Busy on facebook or on twitter to keep up on new posts.  Hope to see you soon!

7 quick takes sm1 7 Quick Takes Friday (vol. 176)

This post is linked with 7 Quick Takes which is hosted by Conversion Diary.

No comments:

Post a Comment