Friday, October 23, 2009

Hot Soup on a Cold Day

I have been making soup once or twice a week this Fall. It is one of those meals that I know ALL of my family will eat. I always double my batch to freeze, and I also save some for lunch the next day. I made the following recipe for my Autumn Mother's Night Out. It was a huge hit!

Delicious Cheese Tortellini Soup

1 onion, chopped
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. butter
1 box Pomi chopped tomatoes, undrained (You can also use a large can of diced tomatoes.)
32 oz. chicken broth
1-2 pounds frozen cheese tortellini
2 boxes frozen spinach

Saute onion and garlic in butter in a large soup pot.

Add chicken broth and tomatoes. Simmer 30 minutes.

Cook tortellini and spinach according to directions on package.

Add tortellini and spinach to soup and cook for additional 10 minutes. Add some additional chicken broth or water if needed.

Serve and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.


Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment