Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Preparing Our Hearts and Homes for Christmas, Part 5, Decking the Halls


Decking the Halls

I had most of my Christmas decorating done during Thanksgiving vacation. I wanted to enjoy every minute of the tree and all of the lights and decorations that make our home so cozy during the season. I am , however, not a talented decorator. Thankfully, my kids and husband do not mind a bit. Here are some images of our cozy Christmas home.

My absolute favorite, and the most important, of our Christmas decorations is our beautiful nativity set. It was a gift from my mother-in-law a few years ago. She has the knack for choosing the most perfect and elegant gifts. Our nativity adorns our mantle with some greenery and small white lights. Did you notice the small shamrocks? I love anything with shamrocks - it was something my Grandmother collected and used to decorate her home. I think of her everytime I look at this nativity set. I was not able to get a picture of the full set but I think this picture shows its beauty:

Our Christmas tree. The picture is complete with our little one pulling some decorations off!


I picked up these adorable cups and dessert plates through a school fundraiser. They make me want to sit down every so often and relax with a cup of tea . . . and some cookies.
A craft show find for $10:
I found this on sale after Christmas for $3.00!I hope you enjoyed my little Christmas Home Tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment